There’s no need to go out of your way to find unique, thoughtful gifts this year. Harvest Time members have you covered with ideas that are special, delicious and best of all, nearby.
- Gursky Ranch Country Store offers dried fruits and nuts, specialty soups, sauces and over 390 other gourmet food items. Buy what you like pre-packed or in bulk, and if you can’t decide which to get? No problem. They’ll pack a bunch of temptations into a custom gift basket, wrap it up with a bow, and ship it off to whomever you think deserves it. They can even send something to everyone in your Rolodex, as helping with your company’s gift list is one of their specialties.
- When it comes to delicious, locally produced comestibles, you might say McCauley’s Olive Grove is crushing it. They grow, press and bottle their own delicious olive oils, and offer an always-open tasting bar so you can sample the many flavors they offer. There’s also a wide variety of balsamic vinegar, stuffed olives, nuts, jams, marinades, Brentwood honey, gift baskets, fruit pies and many other items. If you have a hard time deciding what to buy, McCauley’s offers pre-paid gift cards as well.
- A visit to Smith’s Pumpkin Farm / Herbs & Christmas Trees during the holidays is more than a shopping trip; it’s an entire Christmas experience. There are Christmas trees, handmade wreaths and garland, holiday decorations, seasonal treats and candies and plenty more. Every weekend during the season, Santa Claus stops by for free photos, and a Christmas-themed barn hosts Mrs. Claus’s Bakeshop, Reindeer Flight Training Academy, Santa’s Vacation House and Snowman Wonderland. Low-price hot beverages are available throughout the week and free popcorn is offered on weekends.
- Tess’ Community Kitchen offers local produce, wines, specialty beers, and cheeses; foods that can’t be purchased at grocery stores. Their artisan sauces, lotions and soaps made fresh and local make great holiday gifts. You can also make up your own custom gift basket from an amazing selection of products that are made in small quantities just for us.
- One of Harvest Time’s newest members, Urban Edge, opened earlier this year. Dedicated to not only providing produce grown on site and at First Generation Farmers, Urban Edge provides hands-on learning about where and how your food is grown. There are lots of gift and decorating ideas, including a wide variety of gourds, make-your-own wreaths (while supplies last), and delicacies such as their Artisan Pickled Asparagus, just for starters.
- At Loose Rooster Ranch, you’ll find a lot more than just Certified Organic eggs, free-range chickens and local honey. There are also handmade signs, animal chalkboards, wine bottle lighting fixtures, natural honey soaps, beeswax candles and more. Kids can pet two friendly goats while you relax and sip some apple cider, tea or coffee made with Loose Rooster Honey. You can meet the farmers and beekeepers, too.
Of course no discussion about local, unique gift ideas would be complete without including the vineyards and their selections of award-winning wines. Below is a list of the local vintners sure to please your palate and pocketbook.
So while Harvest Time will continue to offer healthy and delicious U-pick fruits and vegetables during the summer, remember to stop by and support your local farms during the holiday season as well. You, and the people you’re buying gifts for, will be glad you did!
- Bloomfield Vineyards, Brentwood, Ca
- Campos Family Vineyards, Byron, Ca
- Hannah Nicole Vineyards, Brentwood, Ca
- Orchard & Vine a Nunn Family Farm, Brentwood, Ca
- To purchase Nunn Wines, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamayo Family Vineyards, Brentwood, Ca
Hours and days open vary from member to member, so be sure to call ahead.