- 1 cup of Cornmeal
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 ears of Brentwood sweet corn from our farm stands
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- bacon bits
- cheddar cheese
superior-quality sweet corn. Our corn is harvested by hand the day or the evening before, chilled using a hydro cooler immediately to maintain its freshness and brought to our farmstands for locals and visitors to enjoy.
Locally, you can find our corn at the farm stands listed below, or contact our farmers for pick-up.
- 🌽#18, G&S Farms – https://harvestforyou.com/gs-farms/
- 🌽#29, Simoni & Massoni – https://harvestforyou.com/simoni-massoni-farms/
- 🌽#21, Farmer’s Daughter – https://harvestforyou.com/the-farmers-daughter-produce-and…/
- 🌽#33, Smith’s Family Farm – https://harvestforyou.com/smith-family-farm/
- 🌽#2, Dwelley Family Farms – https://harvestforyou.com/dwelley-farms/
- 🌽#7, Urban Edge Farm Store – https://harvestforyou.com/the-urban-edge-farm-store-organic/
Corn Muffin Recipe
Using local Brentwood Corn, below is a delicious corn muffin recipe that we are sure the whole family will enjoy.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients together in mixing bowl
- Mix wet ingredients together in mixing bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Only stir until blended. Do not over stir
- Fold in corn
- Fold in optional ingredients
- Either line muffin tin with muffin cups or spray muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Use a medium-sized scoop to fill each muffin tin 1/2 to 2/3 full of Mel’s muffin batter.
- Bake muffins in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy!